getin41 County Assembly of Bungoma
Public Communications & Media Relations Officer I
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 6
Reference: CASB 20/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Public Communications & Media Relations Officer I. The remuneration for the Public Communications & Media Relations Officer I shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 56,370
- House Allowance: Kshs. 18,000
- Other Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing publicity and outreach strategies;
- Preparing and placing radio and television infomercials;
- Developing and reviewing public communications and media relations strategies;
- Coordinating County Assembly events;
- Providing support services for County Assembly public participation;
- Analysing articles in the media pertaining to the Assembly and making appropriate recommendations;
- Designing, innovating, and recommending corporate materials for building Assembly’s brand
- Developing the County Assembly website content;
- Provision of protocol services;
- Identifying appropriate media to disseminate information on Assembly activities to the public;
- Initiating departmental procurement process as per the approved procurement plan;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal; and
Mentoring and coaching staff.
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Public Communication, Public Relations, Mass Communication or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Registration with a relevant professional body; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: email@example.com
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.