getin41 County Assembly of Bungoma
Records Management Officer I
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 6
Reference: CASB 33/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Records Management Officer I. The remuneration for the Records Management Officer I shall be as below:
Basic Salary: Kshs. 56,370
House Allowance: Kshs. 18,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsible for records management in the Assembly.
- Interpret and implement record management policies and procedures;
- Develop records management systems for the storage of assembly documents;
- Liaising with relevant departments and professional agencies on the management of the records in the Assembly;
- Training and career development of the records management staff
- Coordinating and preparation for disposal schedule of records and documents in liaison with relevant government agencies;
- To coordinate the procurement process as per the approved procurement plan;
- Coordinating and Identifying unit’s training needs based on performance appraisal reports; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff in Records Management
- Ensure that file movement records are updated and maintained;
- Responsible for efficient and effective management of registry services
- Determine and prepare disposal schedule of records and documents in liaison with relevant government agencies;
- Preparation and submission of budget estimates for registry services ;
- Identifying unit’s training needs based on performance appraisal reports; and
- Supervision and guidance of staff in Records Management Unit.
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Records Management, Information Science or Archiving from a recognized institution;
- Shown outstanding professional competence and administrative ability in the management of records functions
- Registration with the relevant professional body;
- A clear understanding of the national development goals, policies, and priorities and role of records management in the actualization.
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.