getin41 Safaricom Ltd
Safaricom Engineer VAS Operations
Hiring Organization: Safaricom Limited
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021
Safaricom is pleased to announce the following vacancy for Safaricom Engineer VAS Operations within Technology Division. In keeping with the current business needs, they are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to, the role holder is will support, develop and integrate VAS Systems, Products and Services offered to Safaricom customers with the goal of delivering high quality and high service availability thresholds (99.999%). The Engineer shall ensure VAS systems operate within allowed thresholds in terms of systems availability, capacity and security conformance. VAS Systems comprise of all Value-Added Services which include, but not limited to, SMSC, USSD, Content delivery platform, Voice (RBT, IVR & Media exchange), Video, Device management, Web Portal solutions and Machine Learning Platforms
Roles and Responsibilities
- VAS Systems and Services’ diagnosis and resolution of issues to ensure MTTR and other service availability KPIs are met.
- Device and implement Proactive ways and tools for monitoring VAS Services using Artificial Intelligence operations model (AIOPs) and Machine Learning.
- Development, configuration and integration of all VAS solutions/systems in line with the Digital IT strategy execution plan.
- Technical reviews to implements solutions and work arounds for faults/incidents.
- Properly escalate and document unresolved service or system issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed within SLA.
- Embrace the new ways of working in VAS domain with the goal of ensuring 50% of VAS projects are delivered through agile methodology.
- Timely delivery of projects assigned with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable. Responsible for ensuring First Time Right delivery of all solutions developed.
- Enhance processes and DevOps to improve delivery and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement.
- Develop and continuously update a knowledge base of best practice for VAS products and Service development.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Business teams to ensure seamless deployment of products.
- Proactively manage capacity and ensure VAS systems operate below 70% utilization
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks
- Proper documentation of VAS Systems and Services to enhance Visibility, End to End Monitoring and Empowerment of First- and Second-Line Teams.
- BSc. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical & Electronics engineering/Computer Science/IT.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy telecommunication/ IT environment or Software Engineering with good knowledge in development for VAS solutions including Messaging, Voice, Video & IOT.
- Software Engineering methodologies including Agile-oriented development.
- Proficiency in networking protocols – TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing.
- Working knowledge in Unix systems and Databases – Oracle, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of security encryption solutions – SSL, firewalls, VPN, IPsec
- Strong experience in programming/scripting language(s) – Python, Perl, Shell or equivalent.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the Safaricom’s recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
For More details on the position, visit: www.safaricom.co.ke/careers
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit safaricom.taleo.net.