getin41 Safaricom PLC
Safaricom Technology Academy Internship 2022
Hiring Organization: Safaricom Limited
Duration: 6 Months
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021
Safaricom is pleased to announce the Safaricom Technology Academy Internship for the year 2022.
At Safaricom PLC, they take pride in continually investing in talent to ensure that they have the best pool of resources in the market and that their interns are equipped with key learning opportunities to expose and develop their skills for the future.
Areas of Study for the Internship Opportunities
Safaricom is pleased to announce internship opportunities for the year 2022 for the below skills sets;
- Database Administration
- UI Design
- Solutions Architecture
- Cyber Security
- Network Infrastructure
- Data Science
Their internship program runs for six months full time i.e. From February to July and August to January. Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing you to indicate your full-time availability. This internship will seek to expose you to the various teams within your assigned projects.
As an intern you will,
- Be exposed to ‘On Job Training’ and mentorship from our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- Work closely with different departments across organization to nurture the given skills.
- Tackle business challenges that make a real impact.
- Work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- Gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts.
- Get knowledge about different Safaricom products and services.
- Gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies.
In keeping up with their current learning needs, Safaricom is looking for candidates who meet the criteria indicated below:
- You must either be in your final year of study or graduated within the last two years.
- You must be available on full time basis for the 6 months internship period.
- Must have knowledge in at least one of these skillsets. i.e. UI Design, Database Administration, Solutions Architecture, Cyber Security, Network Infrastructure and Data Science.
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment.
- Ability to follow instructions, as well as to challenge the status quo.
- As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- A recommendation letter /Completion letter/ graduation certificate from your University.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
Please note you will be taken through a competitive recruitment process for the skillset selected against other applicants.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the Safaricom recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button.
Remember to fill out your candidate profile and attach all relevant documents.
Safaricom Highly Encourages Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates to apply.
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit safaricom.taleo.net.