getin41 Uganda Breweries Limited - UBL
Sales Representative for Uganda Breweries Limited -UBL
Hiring Organization: Uganda Breweries Limited (UBL)
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
About the Role of Sales Representative for Uganda Breweries Limited
The Sales Representative for Uganda Breweries Limited role is located within the UBL Demand Sales business. The Sales Representative role will be critical to the overall UBL short, medium, and long-term strategy in developing and driving our trade strategy and operational excellence within retail outlets and distributors. The job holder is expected to have a high ability to build and develop trade relationships with outlet owners and staff/customers with high levels of respect/contact required.
The Sales Representative for Uganda Breweries Limited works closely with the Regional Sales Manager and Head of Sales. This position is field-based and the job holder is expected to manage 300 outlets achieving Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Pricing, and Promotion.
Territory operations budget
Equipment: Company Vehicle
Promotion implementation expenditure within budget
EABL (U) demand has 54% volume share of the beer market. EABL (U) demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Uganda and also markets IDU brands. EABL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for a pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Ugandan alcohol market is key to EABL’s delivery of both volume growth and market share.
The market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes, and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing inflow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive selling to maximize company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at the retail level.
The Sales Representative for Uganda Breweries Limited is required to ensure optimum brand visibility and maximized sales through close liaison with the Regional Sales Manager, minimize the effects of all competitor brands within the ethical guideline, report key field information to ABP, and agree to follow up plans, administer workload as directed, and operate efficiently in management of time and budgets.
Purpose of Role:
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
- Deliver Volume & NSV targets by being in charge of Total Territory Market and ensuring availability and Visibility of our brands as per segment
- Carry out correct outlet segmentation and territory data capture
- Deliver Execution Standards by driving price adherence per segmentation, Visibility through POS Management & Cold serve
- Coolers Management & tracking in the territory (Deployment, Redeployment, Update contracts, Maintenance & withdrawal in case of Misuse
- Management & accountability of all promotions and support materials in the territory
- Maintain up-to-date territory File as well as develop a strategy and approach to be maintained in the territory file
- Daily Management of CD route coverage through VSMs-Right Route plans & journey planning to cover all outlets in the territory with the correct frequency by the VSMs and self
- Carry out daily VAN loading reviews to ensure VSMs have loaded the correct mix of brands per route to be covered
- Maintain 100% utilization of DMS by CD in all selling and marketing activities within the territory
- Carryout Adhoc VSM route audits to ensure that all outlets & routes are being covered as per Journey Plan
- Taking lead & supporting Innovations listings as to when they are launched
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements in the work environment
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills required
- A business-related Diploma/Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role particularly with Consumer packaged goods
- Direct experience working with customers at the outlet level
- Experience and tact dealing with difficult customers
- Structured sales call management
- Building and developing relationships with customers
- Excellent records management
- Commercial understanding/business management
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Communication Skills
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours and on weekends
- Ability to persuade and motivate
- Self-management and discipline
- Drive for results
To start the application process, click on the brown link in the apply button
For The Latest Jobs Click on our Job Listings
To apply for this job please visit diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.