getin41 County Assembly Of Bungoma
Senior Clerk Assistant – Committee Services
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 5 – Committee Services
Reference: CASB 5/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Senior Clerk Assistant – Committee Services. The remuneration for the Senior Clerk Assistant – Committee Services shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: 87,360
- House Allowance: 21,000
- Other Allowance: 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating a cluster of units within the Committee Services Departments;
- Coordinating provision of technical and administrative support to the Sectoral Committees;
- Organizing and coordinating Seminars and Conferences for continuous capacity building and networking for Members and departmental staff;
- Ensuring good record management of minutes and records for reference in research and analysis on parliamentary practice and procedure;
- Supervising preparation and management of chamber documents to guide the business of the plenary;
- Coordinating the committee functions ;
- Offering technical and administrative services to the Committees of the County Assembly and the County Assembly Service Board;
- Ensuring general compliance to parliamentary procedure, practice, and rules;
- Conducting Corruption Risk Analysis and advising Management on necessary interventions;
- Performing compliance checks to enhance adherence to Ethical Standards Procedures in all operating levels of the Assembly;
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of Integrity returns in line with the approved format;
- Providing support in the designing and implementation of program evaluation and operations research studies, as appropriate;
- Planning for, designing, and participating in the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation capacity-building initiatives for County Assembly staff;
- To develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for County Assembly programs;
- Developing and implementing data quality assurance strategies in the respective County Assembly programs;
- Developing and implementing data use plans in the county programs and projects;
- implementing corporate reporting templates for performance, risk, project management, and other areas and ensure that reporting timescales are adhered to consistent with County Assembly governance requirements;
- Reporting on the corporate service delivery in line with strategy, outputs, and outcomes, risks and compliance;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal;
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum of 4 (Four) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences from a recognized institution, Bed English Literature;
- Master’s degree in any Social Science from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and a National Identity card.
The recruitment team shall require shortlisted candidates to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National Identity card, and clearance from EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: email@example.com
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.