getin41 County Assembly Of Bungoma
Senior Serjeant At Arms – Bungoma County
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 5
Reference: CASB 10/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Senior Serjeant At Arms – Bungoma County. The remuneration for the Senior Serjeant-At-Arms – Bungoma County shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 87,360
- House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
- Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating safety and security services within the Assembly precincts;
- Coordinating performance of chamber and ceremonial duties as per the laid down guidelines;
- Carrying out periodical security surveys;
- Analyzing CCTV footages and recommending appropriate action;
- Ensuring safe custody of the mace;
- Coordinating departmental committee support services;
- To coordinate security surveys and investigations;
- Coordinating the implementation, the Assembly’s security, safety, and disaster management policies, rules, and regulations;
- Coordinating the estate management functions in the Assembly premises;
- Ensuring safe custody of Assembly assets and track their movement;
- Advising the chief Serjeant At Arms on matters pertaining to security;
- Coordinating the enforcement of Speaker’s rules, Standing Orders and relevant provisions of the Powers and Privileges Act;
- Coordinating the enforcement of relevant institutional policies and laws to ensure decorum is observed within Assembly precincts;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
Requirements for Appointment
- minimum period of Four (4) years experience from the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management and Criminology or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s Degree from the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- A Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- A certificate in fire fighting and first aid;
- A certificate of exemplary service;
- Certificate in Paramilitary/Military Training.
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and a National Identity card.
The recruitment team shall require shortlisted candidates to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National Identity card, and clearance from EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.