getin41 Vivo Energy
Supply Assistant Customs – Vivo Energy
Hiring Organization: Vivo Energy
Supply Assistant Customs: Job Purpose
The Supply Assistant Customs for Vivo Energy shall act as the focal point of the imports, exports, and KRA refunds.
Drawback, Refunds, and rebates
- Supporting exports procedures and trucking all regulatory exports’ documentation.
- Coordinate application of all regulatory approvals for all deliveries under drawback, refunds, and rebate regimes
- Collating all support documents for drawback, refunds, and rebate
- Computation, compilation, and approval of all drawbacks, refunds, and rebate vouchers for lodging with KRA.
- Follow up of all claims through the KRA system and reprocessing rejected the claim
- Performance oversight role to the C&F on all issues related to exports, duty-free deliveries, drawback, refunds, and rebate processing.
- Periodic reporting of exports, duty-free deliveries, drawback, refunds as required from time to time
Vessels Discharge supervision
- Act as a shore officer to oversee all relevant disport operations on behalf of the Supply department.
- Coordinate with Shipping agents to ensure efficient performance of their role
- Oversight role on discharge process to ensure no loss of time during discharge and that discharge is completed within the allocated window and intervene where need be.
- Oversight role on the computation of products discharged to ensure minimum losses and ascertain quantities that have been received in tank.
- Participate in planning for optimal discharge to safeguard VEK interests
- Ensure efficient discharge changeover between different terminals
- Keep track of all VEK/SVLK Exports to ensure efficient clearance as per prevailing KPI
- Coordinate with all internal imports focal points to ensure no knowledge and process gaps and timely action by the focal points to alleviate clearance delays, demurrage, and storage charges.
- Performance oversight role to the C&F on all issues related to imports
- Support all business Units in VEK and SVLK when declaring exports to ensure correct documentation.
Compliance with Regulatory framework
- Maintain daily communications with KRA to ensure no negative publicity related to compliance issues and if any raise it immediately with a supervisor.
- Action on all non-compliance issues raised by CSD immediately they are raised and get formal confirmations from KRA on close-out of each.
- Monitor changes in the above regulatory environment and focal points on the best way to comply.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation with KRA KOSF to ensure all imported products have been fully accounted for and captured in KRA records.
- Reconciliation of all KRA demands from Customs Services Department to ensure close-out and formal communication of the same by KRA.
- Monthly reporting of all outstanding KRA demands related to your role
- Building professional influential rapport with KRA and interpersonal skills to achieve objectives.
- Delivery of timely status reports.
- Compliance with KRA legal framework relating to this role
- Risk of penalization by KRA and the resulting need to keep very good records to mitigate.
- Challenge of ensuring effective supervision and performance of C&F agents
- Working odd hours when supervising vessels discharge
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Solid prior experience of customs processes
- Solid prior experience regarding drawback refunds.
- Proven analytical competencies
- Strong and effective team player.
- High integrity and strong character
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts and their application and Proficient in IT especially Microsoft Office and JDE.
- Working knowledge with relevant Tax laws (East Africa Community Customs Management Act)
- Good business relationship and contacts with relevant Tax authority teams
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values
- Income Tax / VAT/Customs& excise/EACCMA
- Accounting skills (working knowledge of standards/practice)
- Displays personal effectiveness
- Team Working
- Correctness & integrity of figures
- Demonstrate Courage
- Good communications skills and ability to influence others
- Shore Officer competences
To start the application process, click on the brown link in the apply button
For The Latest Jobs Click on our Job Listings
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.