UNESCO Customer Care Assistant
Hiring Organization: UNESCO
Job Reference Number: KNCU/38/2022
Job Grade: KNC 10
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
UNESCO wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented, and self-driven persons to fill the following vacant position(s): UNESCO Customer Care Assistant.
Brief About UNESCO
The Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is a State Corporation established under the KNATCOM Act of 2013 (Revised 2014), to promote Kenya’s national interests in UNESCO and UNESCO’s international interests in Kenya, regionally and globally in the areas of education, sciences, culture, and communication and information
Gross pay Ksh. 35,685.00 – 54,015.00
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance –As per the scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover – As per the scheme rules
Terms Permanent and Pensionable
Purpose of the Job UNESCO Customer Care Assistant
The Customer Care Assistants are the first point of contact for the Commission’s customers. The responsibility of Front Office Officers is to respond to customer requests, avail communication materials and information upon request, register visitors, record complaints, manage the switchboard and supervise the use of the reception area by internal and external customers.
Job Description for the UNESCO Customer Care Assistant
The Customer Care Assistant is responsible for the following functions:
- Provide efficient telephone communication services;
- Operate the telephone exchange;
- Maintain good customer care;
- Assist visitors with disabilities access information or services;
- Avail communication materials to waiting visitors;
- Supervise the use of the reception area to promote a positive corporate image;
- Issue visitors passes;
- Receive and directing visitors to relevant offices;
- Prepare and updating the visitors’ register;
- Record, respond to and report customer complaints to the relevant officers; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities for the UNESCO Customer Care Assistant
- Providing efficient telephone communication services;
- Operating the telephone exchange;
- Maintaining good customer care;
- Assisting visitors with disabilities access information or services;
- Availing communication materials to waiting visitors;
- Maintaining a clean and uncongested reception area to promote a positive corporate image;
- Updating the commission’s telephone directory and disseminating the same across all offices;
- Issuing visitors passes;
- Receiving and directing visitors to relevant offices;
- Preparing and updating the visitors’ register;
- Recording, responding to and reporting customer complaints to the relevant officers; and
- Any other duties s may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- A diploma certificate in front office operations, customer care, communication studies, public relations or any other approved equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; Certificate in telephone operation, reception and front office or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Kenya certificate of secondary education mean grade ‘C-‘ (minus);
- Certificate in computer applications; and
- Meet the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Good analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply
If you are have interest for the position; You can access and apply online via KNATCOM website at www.unesco.go.ke/careers
For reference of the job description and skills, please visit the Commission’s website:
All applications should reach the Commission on or before 13th October 2022 at 5.00 pm.
- UNESCO will Only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
- Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Kenya National Commission for UNESCO requires that successful candidates to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Click On the Link in the Apply Button to start the Application Process.
To apply for this job please visit unesco.go.ke.