UNESCO Office Administrator
Hiring Organization: UNESCO
Job Reference Number: KNCU/34/2022
Job Grade: KNC 7
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
UNESCO wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented, and self-driven persons to fill the following vacant position(s): UNESCO Office Administrator – 2 Positions.
Brief About UNESCO
The Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is a State Corporation established under the KNATCOM Act of 2013 (Revised 2014), to promote Kenya’s national interests in UNESCO and UNESCO’s international interests in Kenya, regionally and globally in the areas of education, sciences, culture, and communication and information
Remuneration for the UNESCO Office Administrator
Gross pay Ksh. 93,085.00 – 119,981.00
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance – As per KNATCOM Medical Scheme
Group Life & Accident Cover – As per KNATCOM Medical Scheme
Terms Permanent and Pensionable
Purpose of the UNESCO Office Administrator
The Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring appropriate reception of visitors and facilitating communication into and out of the Commission, taking care of a given office in terms of making appointments and dealing with enquiries; receiving and attending to visitors; handling correspondence, office documents and equipment; recording dictation in shorthand, drafting and operating computers, photocopying and undertaking routine office duties; and ensuring security of office documents and equipment.
Job Description for the UNESCO Office Administrator
The office Administrator is responsible for the following functions:
- carry out office administration and handling enquiries;
- receive and attending to clients;
- operate office machines;
- handle office petty cash and ensuring security of office documents, records and secretarial equipment.
- record dictation in shorthand; typing, processing data and reprography;
- reserve appointments and maintaining office diary;
- handle correspondences, telephone calls, office documents and equipment;
- plan and organizing meetings, workshop/conferences and seminars;
- deal with protocols and travel itineraries; ensuring good office layout; and
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail assisting in:
- attending to visitors/clients;
- handling telephone calls and enquiries;
- handling customer inquiries and complaints;
- ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents;
- ensuring confidentiality of office information;
- record keeping for correspondences and file movement;
- managing office protocol and etiquette;
- managing petty cash for the respective office;
- maintaining an up to date file movement register;
- coordinating the general administration of the respective department/office;
- To coordinate schedule of meetings and appointments for the respective departments/office;
- coordinating travel arrangements for the respective departments/office;
- coordinating appointments and travel itineraries for the Chief Manager;
- preparing responses to simple routine correspondence for the Chief Manger;
- monitoring procedures for record keeping for correspondences;
- ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- undertaking any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned; and
- any other duties as may be assigned
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or any other equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have passed the following examinations from the Kenya National Examinations Agency (KNEC);
- Typewriting III (Minimum 50 w.p.m.)/Computerized document processing III; Shorthand III (120 w.p.m);
- Business English III/Communications I;
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III;
- Secretarial Duties II; Commerce II;
- Proficiency in computer applications; Demonstrated results in work performance; and
Key Competencies and Skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply
If you are have interest for the position; You can access and apply online via KNATCOM website at www.unesco.go.ke/careers
For reference of the job description and skills, please visit the Commission’s website:
All applications should reach the Commission on or before 13th October 2022 at 5.00 pm.
- UNESCO will Only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
- Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Kenya National Commission for UNESCO requires that successful candidates to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Click On the Link in the Apply Button to start the Application Process.
To apply for this job please visit unesco.go.ke.