UNESCO Principal Driver
Hiring Organization: UNESCO
Job Reference Number: KNCU/37/2022
Job Grade: KNC 8
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
UNESCO wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented, and self-driven persons to fill the following vacant position(s): UNESCO Principal Driver
Brief About UNESCO
The Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is a State Corporation established under the KNATCOM Act of 2013 (Revised 2014), to promote Kenya’s national interests in UNESCO and UNESCO’s international interests in Kenya, regionally and globally in the areas of education, sciences, culture, and communication and information
Gross pay Ksh. 56,521.00 – 87,827.00
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance – As per KNATCOM Medical Scheme
Group Life & Accident Cover – As per KNATCOM Medical Scheme
Terms Permanent and Pensionable
Purpose of the Job
The Principal Driver is responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are maintained in good order to ensure smooth mobility of employees of the Commission.
Job Description for the UNESCO Principal Driver
The Principal driver is responsible for the following functions:
- drive and maintain vehicles;
- detect common mechanical faults on the vehicles;
- carry out minor repairs including oiling and greasing;
- maintain daily work tickets for vehicles; and
- ensure safety of vehicles on and off the road and the vehicles’ cleanliness.
Duties and Responsibilities for the UNESCO Principal Driver
- driving the official Commission’s CEO as authorized;
- carrying out minor mechanical adjustments;
- recognizing and reporting mechanical defaults of the vehicles;
- ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- monitoring and reporting expiry of insurance policies for motor vehicles;
- overseeing transport management;
- preparing and submitting reports on transport when need arises; and
- ensuring safety of passengers and/or goods therein; and
- any other duty as maybe assigned
Requirements for Appointment for the UNESCO Principal Driver
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- served in the grade of senior driver for at least three (3) years;
- at least served in the grade of driver for at least eight (8) years;
- minimum KCSE C- (minus) or its equivalent;
- occupational trade test iii certificate;
- a valid driving license free from any current endorsements(s) for classes of the vehicles the driver is required to drive;
- certificate in a supervisory course from a recognized institution;
- certificate in customer care from a recognized institution;
- a defensive driving certificate from the automobile association of Kenya (AA) or its equivalent qualification from any other recognized institution;
- a certificate of good conduct (renewable after two (2) years);
- a first aid certificate course from St. Johns ambulance or any other recognized institution not more than one (1) year old;
- computer proficiency certificate; and
- an accident free driving period of 8 years.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Listening skills
- Basic road safety regulations knowledge and laws
- Interpersonal Skill
How to Apply
If you are have interest for the position; You can access and apply online via KNATCOM website at www.unesco.go.ke/careers
For reference of the job description and skills, please visit the Commission’s website:
All applications should reach the Commission on or before 13th October 2022 at 5.00 pm.
- UNESCO will Only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
- Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Kenya National Commission for UNESCO requires that successful candidates to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Click On the Link in the Apply Button to start the Application Process.
To apply for this job please visit unesco.go.ke.