getin41 Veterinary Medicines Directorate
VMD Senior Internal Auditor
Hiring Organization: The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD
Job Reference NO. 04/2022
Scale: VMD 5
Application Deadline: 11th July 2022
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD invites applications from qualified persons for the following positions: VMD Senior Internal Auditor.
Remuneration and Terms
Basic Salary: Ksh 89,000 X 6,000-117,500 X 8,000-133,500
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Brief About The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) is a body corporate established pursuant to CAP 366 (article 39) of the laws of Kenya. The functions of the Directorate are as per legal Notice No. 209 of 2015 gazette of 9th October, 2015. VMD was formed with the aim of implementing appropriate regulatory measures to achieve the highest standards of safety, efficacy and quality for veterinary medicines whether locally manufactured, imported, exported, distributed, sold, or used, to ensure the protection of animal health and welfare, food safety and security as well as public health and the environment as envisaged by all laws in force in Kenya.
The mandate of VMD is to regulate the manufacture, importation, exportation, registration, distribution, prescription and dispensing of veterinary medicines and the practice of veterinary pharmacy in Kenya.
Qualifications and Requirements:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience in comparable organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following: – CPA(K), CISA, or their equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and responsibilities entail assisting in;
- Preparing audit reports, audit test procedures, notifications and request for information memos;
- Conducting risk management reviews of the areas to be audited;
- Preparing risk-based audit plans, programs and schedules including any special task and projects requested by the Audit Committee, and Management;
- Performing substantive and compliance testing of accountable records and documents and prepare working papers;
- Evaluating progress and effectiveness of action taken to implement audit recommendations received from internal and external audits;
- Preparing of Audit Programs in line with the Audit Plan and the Audit Committee agreed areas of focus;
- Conducting regular audits (financial, regulatory, compliance or operational review/audits to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of operations, compliance with relevant laws, policies, procedures and best practice;
- Undertaking compliance audits to ascertain the level of compliance with to Statutory and Regulatory requirements;
- Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in all processes and make recommendations for improvement;
Competencies and skills
- Team building;
- Report writing;
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria are to submit a hard or soft copy application, detailed curriculum vitae and other testimonials to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Veterinary Medicines Directorate;
or deliver hard copies with the envelope clearly marking the Reference Number: …. to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate Offices, PCPB Plaza, Loresho Ridge Ground Floor; Addressed to:
Veterinary Medicines Directorate
P.O. Box 66171-00800
Deadline For Application: Monday 11th July, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate is an equal opportunity employer and selects
candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible
For more details, please visit; https://www.vmd.go.ke/