getin41 Maersk Kenya
Warehousing and Distribution Supervisor
Hiring Organization: Maersk – Kenya
Job Reference: MA-285731
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 19th September 2021
Maersk is looking for a dynamic candidate for the Warehousing and Distribution Supervisor position to join their team in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Area Warehouse and Distribution Manager, the Warehousing and Distribution Supervisor requires strong planning, coordination, and leadership qualities to drive operational management of a Warehouse and Distribution site at Maersk. Operational management supporting and enabling the Maersk W&D product families and value proposition to our clients being either stand-alone or part of a global supply chain solution. Collaboration with all Area functions, Liner Operations Area, Region, Centre to ensure profitable top-line growth, lowest costs, and high service levels to enable a quality customer experience.
Maersk Kenya Offers the following:
An opportunity to drive profitable W&D execution, growth, and high service levels in the strategic L&S portfolio of products within Maersk.
- P&L responsible for the site. Covering all products and clients offered at this site
- Cost management of the site linked to the defined pricing
- ABC costing framework set-up and execution
- Customization and localization of the products within the framework
- Running pilots on innovation and driving implementation
- Facilitate the execution training linked to products, solutions, and clients
Warehouse and Distribution (W&D) footprint
- Manage the operations of the location
- Manage site subcontractors needs and usage for W&D services
- Respect compliance and adherence to the global compliance framework
- Processes and systems
- Site execution of processes
- System usage and compliance to defined systems, processes, and IT usage
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Strong commercial, business development, and financial acumen.
- Extensive W&D experience as well as operational knowledge of W&D
- People and talent development experience
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Good understanding of W&D risks to be managed in an African context.
- Understanding of local cultures
- Good communicator and excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to influence without direct authority across a wide geography and several functions.
- Energy and passion with the ability to drive performance.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.