A certificate of good conduct means that the particular Kenyan holder has been searched in the criminal records of Kenya, and no criminal record has been traced. The validity of a certificate of good conduct is based on the information provided as from the date of issuance of the certificate.
Who is Eligible?
In Kenya, a certificate of conduct is issued to Kenyans residing in the country, Kenyans residing in foreign countries, foreign citizens (who are not aliens or refugees in Kenya) and foreign citizens (who are aliens and refugees in Kenya)
How to Book Appointment for the Certificate of Good Conduct
You can conveniently book an appointment for the certificate of good conduct by going to your e-citizen account under the Department of Criminal Investigations and start the application process from there.
It is important to note that Only those with appointments and who arrive at the designated time will be allowed past the gate.
What are the requirements of getting a certificate of good conduct?
- A person who is above 18 years of age and person must have a second generation national ID and a clear photocopy of the national ID.
- A child or a person below 18 years of age must have an original birth certificate and a clear copy of the birth certificate.
- Payment of shs 1,000 to a cashier at CID offices.
In Kenya, a certificate of good conduct is easily obtained where one has various conditions. The first condition of acquiring the certificate is lack of any criminal records with the Kenya Police department. The finger prints of the Kenyan seeking a good conduct certificate are run through the system of criminal records. In cases where the prints have no record, the person will be issued with a certificate.
Where is the certificate of good conduct issued in Kenya?
The certificate of good conduct is issued from the Criminal Investigation Department in Kenya.
- For dwellers of Nairobi, the certificate of conduct is obtained from the CID headquarters. The location of Criminal Investigation Department headquarters in Nairobi is along Kiambu Road in Muthaiga area.
- For other persons in other parts of Kenya, outside Nairobi can obtain their certificate of conduct from the Divisional CID offices in various regions. The official receipt paid in the Divisional CID offices, the clear photocopy of the national ID, the prints taken, and a cover letter are usually forwarded to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) headquarters.
For This and more useful information, Visit The information Hub