- Overseeing security operation in the corporation including safeguarding corporation assets, employees and their property;
- Advising the CEO on all matters appertaining to security;
- Ensuring the provision of efficient and effective security services to safeguard the corporation’s resources and stakeholders against threats;
- Putting in place appropriate controls for all admissions within the REREC operational areas and offices;
- Monitoring and conducting surveillance on all REREC stores, assets and offices;
- Putting in place appropriate measures and mitigation to act as deterrents to criminals and risks against corporation property;
- Ensuring reduced crime prevalence through prevention, detection, and investigation strategies;
- Ensuring protection of life and property within REREC premises;
- Liaising with Human Resource Department on Workplace Violence/Conflict Resolution and creating security awareness;
- Ensuring security of the parking area;
- Ensuring all the doors around the offices are properly locked after working hours; and
- Monitoring the alarms and make arrangement for evacuation in case of emergency;
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least four (4) years’ in a management role in comparable and relevant position;
- Bachelors degree in Security Management, Criminology, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in Security Management, Criminology, Social Sciences or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Served in Disciplined forces;
- Member of a professional body in good standing;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less four (4) weeks
- Physically, mentally and medically fit;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.