- Formulating, developing and reviewing standards and frameworks for cartography;
- Implementing policies, strategies, standards and programmes on cartography;
- Ensuring projects drawings meet cartographic specifications including clarity and completeness;
- Approving working drawings for design projects;
- Managing spatial databases to ensure availability of working drawings for successful implementation of projects;
- Coordinating conversion and uploading of drawings into SAP system;
- Ensuring submission of drawings for completed projects to Kenya Power for commissioning;
- Approving and releasing contracted cartographers documents to facilitate payments;
- Ensuring Mapping the assets, projects and other properties; and information for the Corporation Master plan;
- Providing advice and guidance on matters pertaining to cartography;
- Coordinating mapping of proposed transmission and distribution networks location including primary and secondary feeding substations along the proposed routes;
- Coordinating the compilation and documentation of projects technical reports on cartography;
- Liaise with other departments/sections and Government Agencies and private entities on matters pertaining on cartography;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the section;
- Preparing budget and ensure budgetary control for the section;
- Ensuring supportive working environment to foster optimum performance;
- Monitoring section performance and initiate necessary interventions; and
- Prepare reports on Cartographic programmes and projects.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) year’s relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in supervisory role in a position in public service or private sector;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following: Geographical Information Services, Cartography or its equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following: Geographical Information Services, Cartography or equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Registered member of Institution of Surveyors of Kenya;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of the Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.