- Review and ensure timely and accurate preparation of management accounting reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of annual budgets and revised budgets based on approved work plans;
- Provide technical support to technical and other departments during the budget making process;
- Reviewing expenditure returns from departments, prepare variance analysis and recommend corrective action;
- Interpreting of financial policies for sound financial principles, practices procedures for effective internal control;
- Assist other departmental and sectional managers in the management of their budgets through regular provision of reliable up to date financial information;
- Carry out financial planning and consolidate department work plans;
- Participate in Resource Mobilization initiatives of the Corporation;
- Verification of payroll, payment cheques, EFTs and bank transfers;
- Approval of Purchase orders, Sales & Purchase invoices and staff imprests;
- Review the coding of ledger and store items in the system to ensure that is accurate and sufficient;
- Review all purchase requisition to ensure the estimate given by users are reasonable and within budget;
- Review all corporations funds Reconciliation i.e. Projection vs Actual collection;
- Ensure timely collection of corporation’s funds;
- Ensure records and data on corporation’s funds are properly maintained; and
- Ensure timely production of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience and at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option), Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination/ACCA affiliate Exams;
- Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than our (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.