- Collecting, compiling, processing, preserving, retrieving and disseminating of information;
- Indexing and abstracting journal articles;
- Managing of automated systems and other information sources and ensuring provision with regulations relating with provision of information in the Corporation;
- Operating a Current Awareness Service (CAS);
- Conducting information searches from electronic databases;
- Editing of reports, newsletters and other publications;
- Selecting and acquiring information in consultation with researchers and other professionals;
- Managing information materials such as books, periodicals, video cassettes, audio-tapes, computer databases and CD-ROM, micro-filmed materials and other relevant documents;
- Identifying and requisitioning of books and periodicals and ensuring that all materials in the Library are in good and readable condition and supervising,
- Developing a knowledge and data management system to preserve corporate memory;
- Developing outreach programmes as part of the Knowledge Sharing strategy in the Corporation;
- Maintaining renewable energy feasibility studies data;
- Digitizing all materials to establish a Resource Centre;
- Coordinating training for staff working in the Resource Centre; and
- Supervising, training and guiding staff working in the Section.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory level;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Library Studies, Information Science, knowledge management or other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Library Studies, Information Science, knowledge management or other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.