- Reviewing and implementing survey policies, plans strategies and programmes;
- Reviewing data for updating the Corporation Master plan;
- Coordinating surveys and engineer surveys for corporation projects;
- Reviewing the development and formulation of power system survey standards and ensure they are adhered to;
- Reviewing spatial data and information to support effective engineering projects design;
- Coordinating the cadastral survey for propose land identified for project facilities for the purpose of acquisition;
- Coordinate the mapping out of Corporation land and other property boundaries for record;
- Liaising with Corporation departments, governments Agencies and private entities in carrying out survey functions;
- Coordinating the survey for the location of proposed distribution networks including primary and secondary feeding substations along the proposed routes;
- Coordination of the Supervision contracted surveyors for effective service;
- Verifying and authorising surveyed projects in from surveyors;
- Coordinating the testing and calibration of surveying equipment;
- Approving completion Certificates for survey services;
- Reviewing maintenance of the survey repository;
- Preparing budget and ensuring budgetary control for the section; and
- Providing survey periodical reports.
For appointment in this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience and at least three (3) years of in supervisory role in the public or private sector;;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Survey, Geospatial Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Photogrammetry or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Survey, Geospatial Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Photogrammetry or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Registered membership of Institution of Surveyors of Kenya;
- Certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of the Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.