- Performing evaluation of internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems and infrastructure;
- Performing assessment of new and existing systems (including peripheral applications);
- Preparing audit reports which clearly communicates audit findings and recommendations;
- Reviewing data and network security e.g. access controls, systems back-ups, segregation of duties, etc.
- Reviewing documentation/procedures such as Service level agreements, IT contracts, DEP, programs and ICT policy;
- Reviewing software and hardware support and maintenance;
- Participating in Audit assignments which will include IT, plus tasks assigned to other areas;
- Providing advice in resolving information security incidences;
- Evaluating and giving assurance on Quality systems and Cyber security; and
- Ensuring follow up on implementation of agreed audit recommendations
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Statistics or Mathematics or any other relevant qualifications;
- Either of the following professional qualifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (K), ACCA, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or its equivalent qualification;
- Certificate in supervisory course lasting not less the two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.