Reporting to the Deputy Director – Administration through the Assistant Director – Office Administration & Asset Management, the jobholder is responsible for the provision of administrative support to the departments within EACC to ensure efficient and effective delivery of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing documents, briefing papers, and reports to ensure the maintenance of confidential documents in the department;
- Managing the office diary inclusive of appointments, foreign and domestic travel itineraries, travel bookings, and hotel reservations for the management to facilitate timely management of events;
- Analyzing and assigning incoming mail, fax, and emails on behalf of the senior management and route them to the respective departments for further action to ensure timely feedback on actions;
- Managing office protocol and public relations, receiving and screening incoming calls, and correspondences and act as the link between executive offices, internal and external visitors to ensure efficient response time;
- Devising and maintaining office systems that include data management and files for efficient record preservation;
- Following up on issues that require interdepartmental coordination for the engagement of various stakeholders to ensure effective communication is relayed;
- Answering the departmental telephone lines and direct calls and transferring them to the respective recipients for further action;
- Arranging for departmental staff travel to include itineraries, bookings, and hotel reservations;
- Maintaining up to date filing systems in the department and track file movement out of the department to ensure accountability of the file user;
- Receiving all documents for notations or signature to be actioned by the respective managers to ensure appropriate actions are carried out;
- Assisting in staff welfare issues in the Commission to ensure staff demands are addressed;
- Handling respective office imprest.
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of three (3) years;
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or it’s equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) minimum mean grade of C- or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification