Reporting to the Deputy Director – Education and Public Awareness through the Assistant Director, the job holder is responsible for the provision of education and training, and raising public awareness on ethics, good governance, and anti-corruption to impart knowledge, skills, and attitudes targeting audiences in the public, private, civil society, and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing effective education communication strategies;
- Designing educative journals and newsletters;
- Capacitating digital media communication including website education content creation and maintenance;
- Organizing initiatives and plans through social media skills and expertise;
- Generating ideas that manifest content development skills;
- Identifying various media platforms on which to relay media content;
- Identifying various sources of content within and outside the Commission;
- Coordinating social media activities for education, training, and public awareness programs;
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of content developed;
- Participating in education, training, and public awareness activities of the Commission;
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation of media-based education, training, and public awareness activities.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment into this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in writing, designing, and editing journals, newsletters, and public education materials from a reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Communications, Media Studies or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Relevant professional qualification in media studies;
- Member of a relevant professional body;
- Skills in designing educative journals;
- Skills in producing computer-generated designs;
- Writing and editing skills;
- Authorship skills;
- Educational communication skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with and supervise multi-generational staff;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Demonstrable computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification