We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager – Financial Solutions Delivery, the role holder responsibilities will include financial services system management, third party management and Partner Relationship Management.
- Evaluation of new and existing financial systems infrastructure;
- Planning & design for new solutions;
- Implementation and integration of new hardware/software;
- Optimization of existing systems;
- Internal Process Improvement in accordance with ITIL and Agile standards;
- Change management and;
- Contributing towards innovation initiatives.
- Degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Telecommunications; Electronic Engineering; IT (Computing) – Operating systems, databases, system development
- 2 years of work experience as an engineer in Financial Technology or a telecommunications environment (vendor or operator).
- Software development skills in Java, python.
- Knowledge in Agile methodology. Certification in Scrum fundamentals is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Dev Ops
- Experience in mobile money systems.
- Knowledge in cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Huawei or GCP). Certifications will be an added advantage
- Proven Analytical & problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules;
- Good presentation skills required;
- Proactive & self-motivated;
- Good public relations, communication & interpersonal.
Note to Applicants
- As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation, which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to https://www.safaricom.co.ke/careers/ search and Apply. Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Deadline for application: 27th December 2020
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.