We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the QA- Functional test lead, the position holder will execute Software functional testing and ensure solutions delivered to the customers meet the desired user specifications; ensuring all bugs are identified and resolved before product launch leading to zero revenue losses and customer impact. He / she will also be responsible for executing the test strategy; plan, monitor and control the testing activities, with an emphasis on validating solution / product readiness for production.
- Accountable for end to end system testing and user acceptance testing, end to end reporting & analysis on test progress, testing process and tracking of bugs to resolutions and stakeholder management, ensuring product testing is executed within the planned timelines
- Adopt creativity to achieve higher levels of competency and efficiency through adoption of fit for future technologies.
- Creatively try to break our applications, via hands-on and scripted testing, before our customer(s) encounter the bugs
- Implement software testing automation framework
- Responsible for end to end management of large test teams and ensuring the testers execute within planned timelines and scope for the projects
- Define suitable metrics for measuring test progress and evaluation of the quality of the testing process and products
- Accountable for setting up quality gates and ensuring that a product is comprehensively checked and passed through all the gates before acceptance testing
- Accountability in test data management including building of tools to manage the test resources and build a process around the management of test resources
- Accountable for validation of quality of all releases and fully accountable for product readiness to production
- Undertake programs to increase the quality of delivery and ensure zero defect leakage to production
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in IT related Field
- 3 years + experience in software development or Testing Automation in a busy IT environment
- Strong understanding of the software Testing Life cycle (STLC)
- Experience of Test-driven Development approaches such as ATDD and BDD
- Experience in functional/Automation testing and use of test management tools (Micro-Focus ALM/Octane)
- Experience in Unix/Linux Operating System
- Experience in test design techniques (black box and white box)
- Strong risk identification and mitigation planning skills
- Solid understanding of enterprise APIs, Mobile and Web application architectures
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and delivery systems (CI/CD) such as Jenkins /drone/CycleCI
- Experience with at least one test automation tool such as Selenium, Appium, Robot Framework, Pytest
- ISTQB Certification is a plus
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to https://www.safaricom.co.ke/careers/ search and Apply. Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Deadline for application: 24th December 2020