Reporting to Regional Manager through the Deputy Regional Manager, the jobholder is responsible for the investigation of corruption and economic crimes, and unethical conduct and tracing corruptly acquired assets, and supporting prosecution of cases in court.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising on the Laws, Procedures, and Practices of Public Finance Management;
- Investigating cases of corruption and economic crimes;
- Identifying and tracing corruptly acquired assets;
- Preserving assets that are subject to investigation;
- Compiling and submitting investigation reports;
- Supporting civil proceedings against any person for the recovery of corruptly acquired property or benefits;
- Giving expert evidence in court on matters relating to the profession;
- Observing the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct, and integrity in the investigation and prosecution of corruption and economic crimes cases.
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years;
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K) or ACCA;
- Be a member of the relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Certificate in any of the following courses lasting not less than four (4) weeks will be an added advantage: Economic Crimes and Intelligence Course; Public Corruption Investigations Course, Basic Investigations Course, Governance, Ethics, and Anti- Corruption and Economic Crimes Course; Fraud Investigation and Prosecution; Fraud Course; and Criminal Investigations Course from a recognized institution.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification