Reporting to the Deputy Director – Reports and Data Management through the Assistant Director – Data Center, the job holder is responsible for the facilitation of proper information capture into the relevant databases and ensures authenticity, accuracy, and reliability of the systems in place.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and developing systems and applications for use in the management of data and information;
- Managing the core databases and data repositories;
- Extracting and disseminating relevant data and information;
- Generating statistics and reports;
- Training users on database systems and management procedures;
- Planning, organizing, and continuously evaluating the operations of the data and information management systems in use;
- Ensuring digital databases (including archives) are protected from security breaches that may result in information leakages and loss.
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certification in either of the following: Oracle, SQL, CISCO, ITIL, PRINCE2, MCSE/MCITP, CISA, CCNA or any Programming Language;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Knowledge management and data mining skills;
- An analytical mind and problem-solving skills.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification