POSITION: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
GRADE 14 Ref No. TTU/AC/AP/12/2020
Teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, supervision of graduate and postgraduate students and initiating research projects/theses in the relevant disciplines.
- An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university;
- At least three (3) years teaching experience at the University as a Senior Lecturer; or Senior Researcher/Industry experience or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of six (6) articles in refereed journals or minimum cumulative score of Forty-Eight (48) equivalent publication points since appointment as Senior Lecturer;
- Supervised a minimum of four (4) post-graduate students to completion, including at least one doctoral student
- Attracted research or development funds as a Senior Lecturer/Senior Research Fellow
- Registered with relevant professional body
How to Apply:
- Your application should indicate the job reference number Department or Office or Directorate and for those applying for academic positions indicate the area of specialisation.
- Send soft copy application to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and two (2) hard copy of the application letter, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae (signed on all pages), copies of certified academic and professional certificates, National ID card, current pay slip (if any) and other relevant testimonials. Provide your mobile numbers, email address and names of three (3) referees (who should send their recommendation letters directly to the undersigned in sealed envelope) to the address below:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance & Planning)
Taita Taveta University
P.O. Box 635-80300, VOI
3. In addition, applicants must also submit valid and current clearance certificates from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Directorate of Criminal Investigations
4. The application should reach on or before 18th January, 2021 at 3pm.
- Successful candidates for the position of Professor, Associate Professor and Senior Lecturer shall be eligible for appointment to the position of the Dean of School;
- Taita Taveta University is an Equal opportunity employer;
- Only qualified and shortlisted applicants will be contacted;
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply;
- Taita Taveta University does not levy any fees for job application; and
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.