POSITION: PROCUREMENT MANAGER, MEDICAL AND NON-MEDICAL
REF: REF: TNH/HRD/PMM /12/20
Reporting to the Director Supply Chain & Distribution, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the Hospital’s sourcing, tendering and purchasing activities to ensure efficiency, cost effectiveness and value for money in line with the Hospital’s objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the procurement process, including the tendering process, evaluation of bids and award of tenders in line with the hospital’s policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Develop the hospital’s annual procurement plan and budget;
- Provide advisory services to user departments on the procurement process to ensure clarity of expectations and to develop specifications;
- Prepare tender documents including tender announcement, terms of reference and tender evaluation criteria etc.
- Receive tenders bids on behalf of the Tender Committee.
- Coordinate the tendering process including supplier pre-qualification, selection, contracting, request for proposals and tender award processes in a timely and transparent manner and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Issue notification letters to bidders on the outcome of tender/ quotation bids for contracts;
- Analyse purchase cost versus market price of procured goods and services and maintain updated records on the same;
- Forecast price trends and their impact on the Hospital’s procurement strategies and write reports on the same.
- Ensure suppliers are aware of Hospital’s procurement policies and procedures as well as objectives;
- Maintain records of contract files of third party providers such as suppliers’ qualifications, delivery times, potential development and products;
- Undertake sourcing and ensure timely delivery of materials, services and/or equipment in line with requirements of user departments;
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for spend management, supplier development and management, category buying, contracts, vendor managed inventory and rating processes amongst others;
- Ensure timely reporting by user departments on utilization of goods purchased in line with established procedures;
- Contribute to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives to optimize inventory levels;
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supplies and services to ensure value for money;
- Coordinate preparation of contracts and ensure all contract renewals and reviews are done on time;
- Prepare periodic financial, inventory and other procurement reports;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the procurement team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Full professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- Must be a Professional Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management with a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 8 years’ procurement experience in a large establishment with 5 years at management level.
- Experience in tender preparation and evaluation.
- Procurement planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of procurement laws and procedures.
- Skills in developing Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge and experience in demand and supply system and best procurement practices.
- Knowledge and effective application of all procurement and relevant hospital policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies within the department/unit.
- Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
HOW TO APPLY
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE (via email) applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).