Massive Recruitment : Advertisement For Recruitment Of General Service Officer (Gso) Cadets, Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/Women And Defence Forces Constables Into The Kenya Defence Forces
Detailed List of Vacancies attached Below
Applications Deadline for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women is 8th February 2021
General Service Officers and Cadets recruitment to Start in February as per the attached Schedule below
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Undergraduate degree holders), Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/ women and Defence Forces Constables, which is scheduled to take place in February 2021.
Note to All Applicants:
CORRUPTION. Bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law. All persons presenting themselves for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified documents or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted. If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during past recruitments. Do not waste your money and risk imprisonment; NO ONE can influence the recruitment process. Report any suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or a Military Camp. KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.
The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
General Conditions for All Applicants – Massive Recruitment
- Be a Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship
- Have a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally, four (4) copies of the National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
- Age – Between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imaams.
- Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
- Have no criminal record.
- Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
- Women 1.52m (5ft).
- Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
- Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
- Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2) years practising experience in their field of specialisation from the date of registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets: Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
General Service Officer (GSO) Cadet – Undergraduate Degree Holders: Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet as described above and be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/ institution in any of the disciplines in the vacancies list as per the attachments below. The training period for this category will be eleven (11) months.
Specialist Officers. Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet as described above except for Chaplains/Imaams who must hold a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus) in KCSE. Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a regulatory/statutory body where applicable in any of the disciplines in the vacancies list as per the attachments below. The training period for Specialist Officers will be six (6) months.
Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits: Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
Tradesmen/women: Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below:
Technicians: A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
Artisans: A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant Certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized institution.
National Youth Service (NYS) trained Technicians or Artisans who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
Requirements for Constables
- Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National Youth Serviceman/woman.
- Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
- Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct.
- Must have served for nine (9) years Colour Service and retired honourably from KDF.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to the address below. The Application should include A detailed CV which should include Height and Weight, Clear photocopies of relevant academic Certificates, professional body membership Certificate, and current National Identity Card (ID) MUST be attached to the application and addressed to the:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces(Personnel and Logistics)
Ministry of Defence
P O Box 40668 – 00100
The applications for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women to reach the addressee on or before 8th February 2021. Candidates that will be shortlisted for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women shall be notified through the print media between 18th and 25th February 2021.
The KDF Recruiting Teams consisting of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force and the Kenya Navy will be visiting the Recruitment Centres as indicated below to recruit General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, General Service Officer Cadets – Undergraduate degree holders, General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constables:
3 thoughts on “Massive Recruitment By The Kenya Defence Forces”
This is great. Referred someone here to check it out
Thank you 😊
thank you. this is what I was looking. Nice job.