Position: M-Pesa Africa – Business Intelligence Manager
Application Deadline: 22nd January 2021
Safaricom is pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within the Commercial Business Unit reporting to the Senior Manager-Strategy & International Expansion.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >40 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The Commercial Team works with the M-Pesa leadership across our 7 OpCos to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products, and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams, and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities.
The role will be to own the Business Intelligence function and deliver deep competitor insight. This will involve sourcing relevant reports and analysing press releases on industry developments and regulatory trends. You will also be expected to launch and deliver primary market research actively engaging and influencing key internal and external stakeholders to execute to plan.
Own competitor intelligence for M-Pesa Africa
- Develop competitor intelligence insights for M-Pesa Africa Board strategy sessions, Steerco Strategy sessions, and Vodacom Board sessions
- Provide ecosystem and competitor insight to the M-PESA product management and technology teams during product design and delivery
- Produce monthly newsletter on African competitive environment in Mobile money
Build and manage competitor intelligence community across Vodacom markets and Safaricom
- Analyse and collate global mobile money trends and innovations
- Design and deliver in-market primary research in collaboration with the country team
- Establish relationship with key vendors Provide support on international expansion business development
Provide support to International expansion effort and 3-5yr strategy development
- Provide support in the development of International expansion strategy and pitch materials
- Support development of the 3-5year strategy for M-Pesa Africa
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Must have at least 3-5 years of professional experience in strategy consulting, Research outsourcing, or Market research and analytics
- Advanced data analysis (Excel) and presentation (PowerPoint) skills-synthesize data, make sense out of it and present at the executive level
- Understanding of regulatory environment and future direction of regulation
- Experience with emerging market consumers, and multicultural sensitivity
- Analytical bent of mind, a structured thinker with strong business acumen
- Results-driven self-starter
- Strong interest in mobile money, fintech, and financial services
- Contagious passion for, and commitment to driving mobile money growth and innovation
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate or letter from the University requesting for internship
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to https://www.safaricom.co.ke/careers/ search and Apply. Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: 22nd January 2021