Position: Administrative Assistant – Kilifi
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services
Job Type: Contract
Contract Valid Until: September 30, 2023
Location: Kenya – Kilifi Office
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Reports To: Senior Project Officer – Team Lead (Kilifi)
CRS, with partner Maestral International, will work closely with the Department of Children Services (DCS), Department of Social Development, National Council for Persons with Disability, and other care reform actors to implement interventions to support care reform in Kenya. CTWWC is an initiative that aims to leverage the existing strengths and efforts of key stakeholders as well as address identified gaps to move Kenya away from over-reliance on residential care facilities and towards stronger family-based care. CTWWC Kenya works with a wide range of actors, from the community to national levels, international funders, and regional bodies, to implement a comprehensive approach to care reform. This includes but is not limited to government, LIPs, faith-based actors and institutions, mass media, the private sector, donors, caregiver groups, care leavers, and champions of children’s and disability rights. Some will be existing partners and LIPs and others will be new. New partnerships will be formed with Catholic Sister organizations, additional transitioning CCIs, and disability-focused organizations. The funding available through the IFS funding will help CTWWC to enhance, deepen, and scale work in strengthening families who are reintegrating with children and youth coming out of residential care, and families at-risk of separation.
The Administrative Assistant will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the CRS mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. S/he will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
- Manage the front office, direct all visitors and adhere to front office security and safety procedures.
- Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/ faxes/ letters/ documents. Maintain a logical catalogue of the organization’s filing system.
- Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. office utilities, payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Coordinate and support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Administratively CTWWC Kilifi (driver/s)
Internal: All Staff and partners
External: Callers, Partners, Visitors, Vendors among other relevant relationships
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
Advanced level of written/oral communication in English
Up to 10% between the project offices and field sites.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management or related field required. Degree in Business Administration or related field and Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience in front office management with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment. Experience in PABX system is an added advantage.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills. Good organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to learn and adopt new systems and software quickly
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What CRS offers
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS Kenya strives to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and work, stay, and do their best.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
If you desire to work with CRS and meet the requirements, Click the button below and follow the prompts