Position: FACTORY MANAGER – KCT “03”: ONE POST – V/NO. 3/2020
Organisation: Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC)
Location: Kitui County
Application Deadline: 27th January 2021
Remuneration and Terms of Service
Salary Scale: KES. 85,110 – 119,730 P.M.
House Allowance: KES. 21,000 P.M.
Commuter Allowance: KES. 12,000 P.M.
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable contract
About the Organisation
Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC) is a County Corporation established under the Kitui County Corporation Act, 2019.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Factory Manager will be responsible for:
- Coordinating preparation of periodic textile and apparel production plans;
- Ensuring that apparel production lines are properly balanced for target output;
- Coordinating with the Quality manager to ensure production of high- quality products;
- Ensuring that materials are organized at each stage of processing;
- Ensuring that all machinery is equipped with protective devices;
- Providing thorough and accurate costing of all orders to ensure gross margins are maintained;
- Preparing and submitting for payment contract invoices;
- Processing all purchase orders;
- Maintaining and managing the inventories on trims and fabrics to support order flow;
- Providing periodic sales forecast and managing production schedules;
- Ensuring continuous training of machine operators and helpers;
- Supervision of staff;
Required Qualifications and Competencies
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Clothing Technology/Fashion design, Contracts Management or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years’ relevant professional work experience, five (5) of which should have been in a Senior position in the Apparel Sector;
- Have good knowledge of the production process, excellent organizational and planning skills; and
- Have Creative approach to problem solving and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and avail clearances from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 27th January 2021 at KICOTEC Offices, Along Syongila Road and addressed to:
Kitui County Textile Centre
(KICOTEC) Board of Directors
P.O Box 72-90200 KITUI
Through the following email address email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
KICOTEC is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.