Position: Data Scientist
Organisation: I & M Bank Kenya
Reference: REF: DS /12/2020
Application Deadline: 26th January 2021
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
The Incumbent will report to the GM, Products and Channels or any other official as may be designated and will be responsible for:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, math, software engineering, statistics, data science or a related technical field.
- 7+ years’ experience in data science role
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, and R
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements click the button below to Apply
or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 26th January 2021.
Note to Applicants
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.