Position: Post write off Recoveries Officer
Peugeot House – ABT
- Negotiate payment arrangements on the accounts to maximise recovery on delinquent accounts.
- Monitor payment arrangements between the client and the bank to ensure clients adhere to payment arrangements to avoid legal action taken against the client.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Pro-actively manage legal risks associated with the legal recovery portfolio of clients to maximise possible recoveries.
- Optimise recovery cash flows by implementing effective and timely action.
- Assertive engagements with service providers by conducting regular telecommunication and prompt response to emails.
- Ensure that invoices received from attorneys and DCA’s are correct and submitted to finance department for payment.
- Close off all the settled accounts timely to avoid reputational risks.
- Completed and update reports in order to provide management with accurate stats for reporting purposes.
- Provide suggestions for ways of improving customer services and meeting targets.
- Understand and adhere to legislative and compliance requirements to ensure the correct processes and policies are maintained.
- Operate within given mandates to ensure governance is adhered to.
- Operate with Absa policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- To ensure that daily stats are completed and reported accurately.
- To understand and adhere to legislative and compliance requirements.
- To operate within the signed Delegated Mandates to safeguard the bank against risk on non-compliance.
- Work closely with the other team members to build strong working relationships and maintain a positive team spirit.
- Appreciate and respect all team members, colleagues and Managers.
- Display Absa value in all our dealings and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Communicate openly and honestly with team members and share knowledge and best practices on an on-going basis.
- To deliver a high level of service to customers, attorneys and other internal and external stakeholders as guided by the principles of Conduct Risk.
- To diligently resolve queries and complaints arising from customers, DCA’s, attorneys and other stakeholders.
- Complete required compliance and SOX attestations as per the allocated timelines.
- Report all risk and loss events as a result of fraud or error. Report this to the risk manager and/or relevant parties to mitigate possible losses, which may be incurred.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the internal code of conduct at all times and report any irregularities to the relevant party.
- Adhere to internal systems access control policies at all times and report any irregularities to the relevant party
Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above click the button below to start the application process