Job Title: Senior Program Manager -Capacity Strengthening for Fragile Contexts (C4FC)
Work Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 1st February 2021
The Senior Program Manager will coordinate and oversee supervision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the community-led Capacity Strengthening for Fragile Contexts (C4FC) project (in South Sudan, Sudan and Somalia), with a view to attaining set outputs, improve the program, for action learning and strategic decision making. He/she will oversee operations and manage sub-recipients in line with program objectives and donor guidelines.
- Project and Grant Management through overseeing Partner Focal Points.
- Lead the Facilitation of the Co-creation Process.
- Coordination of the Technical Support.
- Lead the Dissemination of Learning’s.
- Project Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Financial Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Development Studies. Diploma/Certification in Project Management desired.
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Relief and Development work with at least 4 years in senior Operations/Program Management.
- 3-5 years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience, including Monitoring & Evaluation of national initiatives and developing Performance Monitoring Plans (PMPs).
- Extensive experience of managing complex international development projects in consortium or close collaboration with other NGOs with responsibility for multi-million dollars.
- Experience in working with a USAID grant.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills. Fluency in speaking English (required); Somali (advantageous); Arabic (advantageous).
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including SPHERE standards, Good Enough Guide, NGO Code of Conduct, the Humanitarian Charter, and the Grand Bargain.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills, negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills, excellent flexible Project Management skills with very good Partnership Management experience.
- Experience in working with consortiums, capacity to prioritize and manage a diverse range of staff members, projects and activities.
The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travels travel to Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia for stakeholder engagements. (Public, private and non-governmental institutions) and community engagement
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks, which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, click the Button below to start the application process