Position: Sales Associate – Mozambique
Application Deadline: 29th January 2021
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
We are seeking a Sales Associate to assist with our recent market entry into Mozambique.
S/he will work closely with BURN’s Mozambique County Manager in Lagos and the Expansion team in Kenya to assist in the formation of a stable operation in Mozambique.
The position has three specific core responsibilities, as well as several additional responsibilities that will evolve throughout the duration of the position in line with the country strategy.
- Strategic Projects/Initiatives: Assist the BURN’s Country Manager and Expansion team in the planning, implementation and tracking of strategic projects, in particular, market research projects.
- Information Gathering: Gather critical market information on the improved cookstove sector, BURN’s distribution partners, competitor activity and other key areas of the market.
- Account Management: Support distribution partners with business strategy, requests, information and marketing support.
- New Business Development: Identify and develop new distribution partnerships targeting wholesalers, retailers, financial institutions, corporations/government institutions and NGOs.
- Research and Reporting: Produce analytical reports on the development of strategic projects, including distribution activities, marketing projects, sales forecasting, as well as comprehensive research reports on a diverse range of topics.
- Merchandising Strategy: Assist in the development of the company’s merchandising strategy; ensure that all products are visible and well displayed across all retail outlets/points of sale.
- Administrative Work: Assist with a range of administrative-related tasks.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or MBA degree, preferably in business, market intelligence or marketing
- Maximum of two years post degree experience with at least 1+ years’ experience in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects with many stakeholders to deliver results on time
- Knowledge of the sales and marketing fields in the Mozambique context, preferably in consumer durables and/or fast-moving consumer goods
- Strong analytic/number-crunching background, particularly with sales and marketing data
- High level of comfort working with high-level business clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Portuguese. Fluency in English is an added advantage.
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a desire to ‘sell for good’ and willingness to get your “hands dirty”.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing business strategy and plans
- Experience in identifying and developing B2B distribution partnerships in Mozambique
- Experience managing key accounts across a range of distribution channels
- Previous experience in market research or M&E. Degree qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and you would like to join the Burn Manufacturing Team, Click the Button below to start the application Process.