Position: Franchise Governance Officer – Kenya
Primary Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Governance
Citi’s EMEA Emerging Markets cluster consists of 29 presence and 30 non-presence countries. This role is primarily franchise governance oriented and will assist the relevant Citi Country Officers (“CCOs”) in managing specific country governance committees, regulatory projects, business analytics and strategy.
The Franchise Governance & Business Officer (FGBO) will be responsible for supporting the CCO’s office in managing and implementing the Firm’s Corporate Governance Framework as well as business strategy within Kenya and the EA cluster. Specifically, he/she will manage the administration related to the Business Risk, Compliance and Controls Committee (BRCC), assist in the execution of the cluster’s business strategy, on behalf of the EA CEO.
The person will report to the EA Cluster CEO with a Matrix reporting line to the SSA Chief Administration Officer (CAO)” and will also support the CAO Office in driving enhancements to the cluster-wide Governance structure and processes, ensuring proper adherence to the relevant risk & controls global policies, including the Citi Governance Policy and Escalation Policy.
The Franchise Governance & Business Officer will act as a Committee coordinator and liaison, by working with partners across the country/cluster in the businesses and functions to identify issues that are outside the Firm’s risk tolerance. They will be responsible for coordinating with these areas to source the topics and supporting details in order to escalate items to regional senior management for review and/or decision. He/she will serve as a connection point between the country and cluster committees, including reporting, trends and escalations. They will be a critical part of promoting stronger risk identification and escalation processes, driven within the 1st line of defense.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both as part of a team and independently are a must as this individual will be required to lead coordination efforts single-handedly, as well collaborate very closely with stakeholders across the region and all lines of defense.
- Support the EA CCO in franchise governance oversight of Citi’s business. Oversight of legal entity management including local subsidiaries. Ensuring that that country governance framework (Including NPCs) complies with requirements and committees are run in accordance to applicable charters.
- Participating in local committees e.g. CCC, BRCC, ALCO, AML/Compliance Committees, RRGC/Regulatory reporting committee, TPM committee etc.
- Under business analytics and strategy execution related to the Citi Kenya franchise and the East Africa Cluster. The business analytics and strategy element will be focused on driving & executing the Citi Kenya and EA cluster strategic plan, working with Business, Product and Industry partners across the firm. Preparing strategic decks & business reviews on behalf of the EA CEO.
- End-to-end coordination & scheduling of BRCC as well as Risk & Control meetings on behalf of the CCO, managing information requests to/from stakeholders. Review deck materials and distributing to participants.
- Prepare risk & control related materials; Prepare and distribute minutes; Monitor follow-up actions.
- Overall activities related to GRC: Project Management, problem solving, training, guidance and escalation. Support to the Business during monitoring/testing activities, Control Performance Assessment and Quarterly Risk Assessment meeting.
- Co-ordinating & working on the delivery of regulatory projects across EA with various function, risk & control, product and coverage partners, from the EA CEO’s office
- Working with the EA CEO and CFO on Financial analytics, Strategy and franchise metrics, liaising closely with the Finance functions as well as FP&A team(s).
- Working with the EA CEO as well as various partners on Risk & Control deliverables for the EA Cluster & region. Coordination and tracking the NPAC / PAP process. Coordination of country scenario plan
- Coordination of certain elements related to ICAAP / IFRS 9 and stress tests
- Review and monitoring of audit plans. Support the business in the conduct of pre-assessments, participation in all phases of the audit process. Review audit findings, audit report and CAPs. Support in the definition, opening and closing of issues. Regular monitoring of issues and approve re-targets.
- Support the Model Risk Management Attestation process for Business/CCO owned models.
- Working with P&A teams in presenting management financials and strategy presentations
Qualifications and Competencies
- At least 10 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry, preferably with experience in corporate governance, risk management, consulting, program management, compliance and/or legal
- Graduate degree, BS or concentration in Business Administration, Legal and/or Finance
- Up-to-date understanding of key risk management and corporate governance concepts.
- General understanding of financial institutions framework and applicable regulation
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, including businesses, products and risk management processes. Citi-specific knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in English. For roles based in Francophone Africa, fluency in written and spoken French is a must
- Risk-based thinking and an analytical mind set
- Strong data analytical skills supported by appropriate technical skills
- Proficient in MS Suite applications. Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and analytical abilities
- Highly collaborative and solution focused
- Quick learner, team oriented with strong organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Able to handle complex deliverables independently. Highly organized with a capability of working with a large number of regional and global stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with counterparts in different areas of the organization, working across geographies and corporate LOBs/ functions
- Ability to manage through influence (e.g. in the absence of reporting lines or matrix reporting)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyse operational and financial impact of initiatives and risk mitigation approaches, while providing effective challenge to the businesses and functions
- Ability to prioritize and drive results in a deadline driven environment while maintaining attention to detail and complete accuracy
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify gaps in information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position and would like to apply, click on the button below to start the application process
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.