Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 1 year
Application Deadline: Feb 10, 2021, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi
Organization: EM_SOM WHO Representative’s Office, Somalia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with basic visa and customs formalities and other arrangements, as required; ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
- Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc.. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Procure minor supplies for the Office, obtaining invoices for local purchase and arrange to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Act as a messenger within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles.
Essential: At least two years of professional experience in driving cars.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.- Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations.- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at KES 811,040 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/ . Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for this position and you would like to be part of WHO team, click on the button below to start the Application process