Position: Web Content Developer & Content Officer (1 Posts) ICTA/PIC/02/2021
Application Deadline: 23rd February 2021
The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation & Youth Affairs. The Corporation was established in August 2013 and is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the ICT Authority Strategic Plan (2020-24).
The ICT Authority Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent academic credentials to fill the Web Content Developer & Content Officer
Responsible for: overall design and maintenance of PDT Program’s web portal including, and online learning management.
- Plan, design, develop and maintain the Digitalent program portal
- Coordinate content creation, design and develop e-learning and integrate partners learning contents to the portal
- Ensure the portal integrate all interns’ activities, manage yearly recruitment, deployment, update performance and manage mentorship process and other stakeholders activities.
- Create and test code in an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Carry out program online marketing and outreach campaigns and manage social media pages and updates
- Develop security controls and monitor web and portal contents and provide first line response in the event of security violation.
- Provide develop system access control, monitor, analysis and evaluate all breaches;
- Work with cross-department teams to develop the master content calendar for web portal activities.
- Maintain accuracy, consistent look and feel of the web and keep track of emerging web technologies through relevant online media.
- Craft site promotions, newsletters, and online outreach campaigns to targeted audiences and put in place measures for evaluation of effectiveness.
- Use of multiple languages, information mapping and tools for web development and design
- Develop and monitor the trainee’s performance feedback and generate reports from mentors and supervisors
- Work closely with the Communication and Public Relations officer, program leadership as well as the rest of the
- PDTP team to generate content to be published on the portal
- Work closely with the programme leadership to ensure all needed communication with respect to activities; achievements and updates are captured and communicated in a timely manner on the portal.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer science or related course
- Minimum two (2) years of software development and design experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in website development or administration
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using HTML, Python, CSS, Php, Query, API’s, Server, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, Dreamweaver, macromedia flash, MYSQL, Linux server and MS- FrontPage.
- Experience in Angular framework, Django MVC framework, Django Rest framework, Django deployment,
- Experience in planning and delivering of software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Ability to interact with senior management both in government and private sector.
- Knowledge on web security and other E-Commerce applications
Personal skills and attributes required
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical, excellent problem-solving skills and customer service orientation and
- Excellent communication, writing, listening and multi-tasking skills
- Creativity and Innovative
- Collaboration and Team work
How to Apply If you meet the requirements for the position and would like to apply, click the button below to apply for the position on the ICTA recruitment portal