NITA Sponsorship – Needy Females for Engineering Courses At Craft And Diploma Levels
The National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) sponsors 25 Kenyan female students from needy backgrounds annually to pursue engineering courses at craft and diploma levels. The NITA Sponsorship for Female Engineers is in an effort to reduce gender disparity in technical/engineering courses as part of its Corporate Social Investment. Through this affirmative action, this programme was started in 2006 and to date 350 young Kenyan female students have benefited across the country.
Target Location for The NITA Sponsorship for Female Engineers
The Authority invites applications from Kenyan female form four leavers from Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) areas who wish to pursue engineering courses at craft and diploma levels. These marginal areas include: Mandera, Turkana, Lamu, Wajir, West Pokot, Kwale, ljara, Tana River, Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit, Samburu, Elgeyo – Marakwet, Suba, Kajiado, Kilifi, Taita Taveta, Teso, Mt. Elgon, Kitui, Mwingi, Tharaka, Mbeere, Transmara, Makueni, Kuria and Baringo.
Courses for the Sponsorship
The successful applicants will be sponsored for training in various Public Technical Training Institutions in the country starting May 2022
Training opportunities are clustered in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- V. Surveying
- Building Civil Engineering
Applicants should be willing to learn and possess an aptitude towards a technical career in addition to the following minimum academic requirements:-
- Diploma – KCSE – Minimum Mean Grade of C (Plain), with at least C + (Plus) in Mathematics, C (Plain) in Physics and English
- Craft- KCSE – Minimum Mean Grade of D+ (Plus), with at least C-(Minus) in Mathematics, D+ (Plus) in Physics and English
How to Apply
ONLY females who meet the above requirements and are from the AREAS stated above may apply for sponsorship by:
- Submitting a hand written justification of not more than three hundred (300) words indicating why they deserve the training and the sponsorship.
- Applicants must attach copies of their Certificates, Testimonials and National Identity Card.
- Applicants should select ANY TWO courses from the different clusters listed above.
Details on how to apply are also available on our website at www.nita.go.ke.
Applicants can submit their applications to
The Director General,
National Industrial Training Authority (NITA),
P.O. Box 74494-00200,
Applications should reach NITA on or before 11th March 2022.
NITA encourages Persons with disability to apply.
Consideration shall not be given to Late applications.
NITA Contact details
National Industrial Training Authority – NITA
P.O Box 74494 – 00200
Commercial Street, Industrial Area