HOW TO FILE KRA RETURNS FOR EMPLOYMENT INCOME ONLY
- Open your browser and go to https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- LOGIN to your ITAX Portal, Enter your KRA PIN, click Continue. Enter Password and Security Stamp ( answer to arithmetic sum) and Click Log In
- Go to Returns Menu Go to Returns Menu and select ITR For Employment Income Only
- Enter Return Period , select ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Do you have employment income?’ and Click ‘Next’
- Fill in Return Information Under basic information, answer the questions asked appropriately and Click ‘Next’
- Confirm details of Employment Income Go to Section F, details of employment income and confirm the name and PIN of employer, Gross Pay and other allowances as per your P9 form.
- Confirm details of PAYE deducted Go to Sheet M, details of PAYE deducted, confirm Employer details, Taxable salary, chargeable pay, Tax payable on taxable salary and PAYE deducted. Details can be modified as per your P9.
- Enter details of Income Tax Paid in Advance Go to Section Q and capture a payment if any, made prior to the filing of the return
- Tax Computation Go to Section T, Tax Computation, Enter defined/pension contribution amount (as per your P9 actual contribution by employee) and personal relief. Click ‘Submit’ and download the E-return acknowledgment receipt