getin41 MOD - Ministry Of Defence
Aircraft Surface Technician MOD Jobs – 5 Posts
Hiring Organization: Ministry of Defense – MOD
Job G: CSG 13 – Five (5) POSTS
Advert no. 22/2021
Application Deadline: 18th October 2021
Applications are invited for the following posts: Aircraft Surface Technician MOD Jobs – 5 Posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates.
Basic Salary: Ksh. 20,800 – 25,860 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 4,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Duties & responsibilities:
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced officer. Specific duties and responsibilities will involve:-
- sanding aircraft surface prior to repairing or after primer application;
- masking of windows/under screens, markings and other parts to retain their originality;
- applying primer to sanded areas; spray painting of the aircraft;
- applying primer and spray finishing to aircrafts;
- sand blasting and applying grip system on an aircraft;
- repairing fiberglass components; and
- masking of strips and other vital configurations while the aircraft is under repair.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent qualification
- Craft Certificate OR Grade III in any of the following fields: Aircraft Surface Finisher Technician Course, Spray Painting or Automobile Refinishing from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Having NYS certificates will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Address the Complete application form to the below details:
Cabinet Secretary’s office,
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI
Hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 18th October 2021.
Note to Applicants
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Ministry encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.
To Know more about the job click the link in the Apply button.
For the Latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
Ministry of Defence Jobs in Kenya
To apply for this job please visit mod.go.ke.