getin41 County Assembly Of Bungoma
Chief Serjeant At Arms – Bungoma County
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 4
Reference: CASB 9/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Chief Serjeant-At-Arms – Bungoma County. The remuneration for the Chief Serjeant-At-Arms – Bungoma County shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: 99,900
- House Allowance: Ksh. 21,000
- Other Allowance: Kshs. 14,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall supervision of the staff at the Department;
- Coordinating security surveys and investigations;
- Formulating, interpreting, and implementing the Assembly’s security, safety, and disaster management policies, rules and regulations;
- Superintending the estate management functions in the Assembly premises;
- Ensuring safe custody of Assembly assets and track their movement to enhance proper accountability and correct usage;
- Coordinating with other security organs for reinforcement of security;
- Advising the speaker and the Clerk on matters pertaining to security;
- Overseeing security of Members, staff, and visitors within the Assembly precincts;
- Ensuring the enforcement of Speaker’s rules, Standing Orders, and relevant provisions of the Powers and Privileges Act;
- Ensuring the enforcement of relevant institutional policies and laws to ensure decorum is observed within Assembly precincts;
- Overseeing the provision of the chamber and ceremonial duties;
- Overall custodian of the mace;
- Ensuring compliance with occupational safety and health requirements.
- Overseeing the implementation of the departmental training plan;
- Preparation of departmental work plan, budget proposals, and procurement plans;
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
Requirements for appointment
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the relevant field on the management level;
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management and Criminology or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Masters degree in Security Management and Criminology or any other equivalent from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated an understanding of relevant County Assembly procedures; and
- Demonstrated managerial, professional competence and administrative ability
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and a National Identity card.
The recruitment team shall require shortlisted candidates to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National Identity card, and clearance from EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: email@example.com
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.