getin41 Danish Refugee Council
Job title: Finance Assistant
Reporting to: Project Manager – Project Support
Location: Obongi, Uganda
Application Deadline: 4th March 2021
The overall purpose of the role:
The Finance Assistant will offer day-to-day financial support to the implementation Financial policies and guidance according to DRC financial management procedures. The position will work in close cooperation with the Finance Officers in Adjumani
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of Obongi cash books for all project budgets and timely submission of weekly cashbook as per cashbook calendar.
- Responsible for cash payments.
- Ensure Project Manager-Project Support carries out physical cash count reconciled at the end of the week (Friday)/Month.
- Support in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and maintaining an updated bank reconciliation file.
- Support in filing returns (WHT LST and VAT) on a monthly basis
- Reviews Obongi vouchers before scanning and Supervise scanning of cover sheets and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor /DRC requirements.
- Update missing receipt database and share with Supply chain/ admin department for follow up. Ensure to inform Finance officers on log outstanding receipts.
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Ensure to review open X (balance sheet items) for correctness before posting into the cashbook and maintain the Cash advice register.
- Support in proper filling of all rebooked transactions
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 2 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software. Good knowledge of Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Good accounting and analytical skills
- Professional, courteous, and able to work with a broad spectrum of people.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Pro-active, stable, and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn from others.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Part certification in CPA or ACCA
- Excellent communication skills in English required.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 4th March 2021.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.