getin41 International Rescue Committee
Economic Empowerment Program Manager
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 24 Sep 2022
The Economic Empowerment Program Manager will coordinate a team passionate about assisting marginalized populations towards achieving self-sufficiency through various economic empowerment services. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, compliance, and completion of all grants and activities related with this department. The department currently consists of the following programs: an Asset Building Program that assists low-income residents in acquiring assets; a Micro-enterprise Development (MED) Program that assists entrepreneurs with business development and counseling (a subsidiary entity called the IRC’s Center for Economic Opportunity is utilized to provide consumer loans such as credit building, auto loans and career development loans, as well as micro-business loans); a neighborhood business development project; and a financial opportunity model that provides financial coaching and technical assistance services.
Program Design and Management:
- Plan for the overall department and its programs in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Ensure all programmatic, contractual, and donor requirements and IRC standards of care are met.
- With input from the Sr. Program Manager, Direct Services, and program staff, establish and implement annual and long-term goals and objectives to successfully achieve outcomes related to Economic Empowerment.
- Monitor program goals and take appropriate intervening action to ensure contractual compliance and goal attainment.
- Ensure the design and implementation of a department-wide evaluation framework to assess the strengths and areas of needed improvement for each programmatic area.
- Guarantee accurate and timely financial and client-related recordkeeping throughout the department, including the use of several databases.
- Ensure oversight and monitoring of case files for proper file documentation.
- In coordination with the Sr. Program Manager, Direct Services, develop and monitor department, program, and grant budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise, coach, and support the development of Economic Empowerment program team members.
- Provide career development and learning opportunities to Economic Empowerment staff to build the service delivery leadership strengths of all within the department.
Resource Development and Partnership Development:
- Develop new and sustainable initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop funding proposals for the department’s programs to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Sustain and grow partnerships with the local business community and other strategic partners to maximize their coordination, cooperation, and support.
- Represent Economic Empowerment in the community and to potential funders, serving as a resource to those seeking information about program activities.
- 4 or more years of progressive experience in nonprofit program development and management
- Grant writing experience.
- People management experience.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Familiarity Economic Empowerment programs that build economic self-sufficiency, personal financial assets, and financial literacy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; bi-lingual abilities in a refugee language helpful.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work as a team leader and team member in a cross-cultural environment.
- Sophisticated digital literacy including word processing, database systems, desktop publishing, and PowerPoint. Strong command of excel and budget management preferred.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and maintain valid driver’s license and insurance coverage.
- In accordance with Arizona State law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Development, Business, or related field preferred.
- Standard office work environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. IRC will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact them to request accommodation.
IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to Apply
If your career ambitions match the job requirements above, kindly process to apply by clicking the link the apply button. Alternatively, you can Click Here to start the application process.
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing