getin41 Co-operative Alliance of Kenya (CAK)
Finance and Administration Accountant for CAK
Hiring Organization: Co-operative Alliance of Kenya (CAK)
Recruitment Via: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
REF: CAK/ ACCNT/2021
Application Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021 – 23:59
About the Position
The Finance and Administration Accountant for CAK is being recruited on Behalf of Co-operative Bank’s client Co-operative Alliance of Kenya (CAK), the National Apex Organization for Kenya, and the Co-operative Movement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Society final accounts, Trial Balance, Balance sheets, etc; and ensure production of accurate financial reports;
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets and ensuring adequate budgetary controls are in place;
- Ensure timely collection of debt through timely follow-up;
- Developing a robust financial management framework for CAK;
- Conducting reviews/evaluations for cost reductions on various vote heads;
- To liaise with internal /External Auditors on audit Controls and act on management letters;
- Management of staff payrolls;
- Ensuring the CAK assets and liabilities are recorded correctly and safeguarded;
- Keeping and managing debtors and creditors records;
- Advising and overseeing prudent financial management and investment;
- Ensuring that accounts and reconciliation are done on a monthly basis and adherence to specific deadlines; and
- Approving payments made by CAK;
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A holder of a Business-related degree or its equivalent from a recognized university and CPA (K) or ACCA or, Bachelor’s Degree and CPA (K) or its equivalent or, CPA (K)
- Satisfactorily served as an Accountant in the Society or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in a busy organization for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Have demonstrated high financial management capability and Investment.
- Have good knowledge of Accounting Tools
Skills and Personal Attributes
- High financial management capability.
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High leadership and administrative capacity
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft office suite
Note to Applicants:
You need to download the application from the Coop Bank website Fill it with the required details and submit it. Kindly note that you need the latest version of Adobe Reader to view and fill in the document.
To apply for this job please visit www.co-opbank.co.ke.