Human Resources & Administration Manager
Hiring Organization: KICC
Job Grade 3
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 5th July 2022
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts: Human Resources & Administration Manager.
About the Position
The Manager, Human Resource and Administrations reports to the Director Corporate Services and is responsible for offering advisory services to management on Human Resource and Administration matters and deal with all staff matters including recruitment & selection, placement, retention, training and development, discipline, administration of staff welfare and separation.
Brief About KICC
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote the business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and;
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Forecasting and planning on human resource needs;
- Managing the Corporation’s recruitment and selection process;
- Coordination of training and development of staff in the Corporation;
- Coordination of staff performance management, reward and sanctions system;
- Development of corporation’s mentoring and coaching programs;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the staff succession plans, development, mentoring, coaching and internship programs;
- Advising the Directorate on matters relating to human resources management, records and administration;
- Review and development of the human resource, records and administration policies, procedures and processes and oversee their implementation;
- Management, maintenance and storage of staff records;
- Overseeing the payroll processing and ensuring compliance to statutory obligations;
- Championing change management programs in the Corporation;
- Coordinating the preparation of periodic progress reports.
- Development of Human Resources, Records and Administration budget and work plan
- Oversee records management
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations related to Health & Safety, HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and Drug Substance Abuse, Gender and Disability Mainstreaming
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Human Resource Development, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Eight (8) years relevant work experience; three (3) years should be in management;
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Be a holder of a Valid Human Resource Practicing Certificate;
- Certificate in Management Course or its equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
If you have interest and have the qualifications above,submit your application which should include: –
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Terms of offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Appointment of Job Grade KICC 3 shall be a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grades KICC 4, KICC 6, KICC 8 appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 5th July 2022 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
KICC encourages Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized to apply. Please note that the recruitment team shall only contact shortlisted candidates.