KICC Supply Chain Officer
Hiring Organization: KICC
Job Grade 6
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 5th July 2022
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts: KICC Supply Chain Officer.
About the Position
The Supply Chain Management Officer reports to the Principal Supply Chain Officer and is responsible for providing advisory services on procurement, inventory management and disposal matters.
Brief About KICC
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote the business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and;
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Monitoring inventory, movement of stores, recommending requisition when stocks approach reorder levels in accordance with the laid down regulations and procedures;
- Ensuring proper storage of stock items;
- Issuing required quantities against authorised stores requisition;
- Preparing list and making recommendation for assets, stores and equipment for disposal;
- Conducting periodic and annual stock taking;
- Drafting inspection and acceptance of goods, works and services reports;
- Maintaining procurement documents and records related to stores;
- Carrying out periodic market surveys to inform the placing of orders or adjudication by the relevant award committee; and Participate in the opening of tenders, bids and quotations
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
If you have interest and have the qualifications above,submit your application which should include: –
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Terms of offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Appointment of Job Grade KICC 3 shall be a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grades KICC 4, KICC 6, KICC 8 appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 5th July 2022 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
KICC encourages Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized to apply. Please note that the recruitment team shall only contact shortlisted candidates.