Position: Customer Experience Agent – Single Carrier
Location: Mombasa – Kenya
Application Deadline: 5th March 2021
Maersk Kenya is currently looking to hire a Customer Experience Agent to join our team in Mombasa.
The role of the Customer Experience Agent is to actively build strong relationships with customers and to gain an understanding of their business, deliver excellent customer service and maximize sales opportunities. This will include proactively identifying new customer opportunities and developing existing customer relationships to deliver volume and gross profit targets.
- To deliver a positive customer experience for all customers and to ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle by working closely with the customer and internal teams
- Full understanding of customers needs, requirements, and business drivers
- Handle incoming customer queries, issues, exception management.
- On-board new clients and deliver a second-to-none experience to them for an increased share of their business.
- Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction and experience in interaction with customers
- Hunt leads and follow-up opportunities for new customers, lost or inactive accounts as well as regular accounts.
- Identify when leverage of external sales face to face interaction would benefit the customer’s relationship or where large potential profitability has been identified
- Ensure all products and services are sold to the customer to maximize Safmarine profitability.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders including sales, Scope team, etc
- Effectively handover of terms and conditions agreed with customer to stakeholder groups, including Scope team.
- Manage the pipeline for customers in their portfolio, accurate forecasting, and provide input for segmentation
- Actively promote the use of digital channels and promoting the Safmarine Brand in daily interactions through various channels and agreed media.
- Be present and visible with customers mainly through phone calls, and occasional visits where needed.
We are looking for
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of solid logistics work experience with a proven track record across operations & executions
- Possess knowledge of both Exports & Imports (customs) processes
- Experience in logistics or freight forwarding operations
- Experience in working with a wide variety of complex operational challenges and ability to solve problems and take decisions
- Ability to interface with senior leadership stakeholders within & outside the organization
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Alignment with our values
- An international mind-set and inclusive behavior
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.