NYS Jobs – Accountant II – 3 Positions
Hiring Organization: National Youth Service – NYS
Job Group: J – CSG 11
Application Deadline: 24th May 2022
In line with its mandate, the NYS is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the following positions: NYS Jobs – Accountant II – 3 Positions
Terms and Remuneration
Monthly Salary Range Kshs. 31,270 – 41,260 PM
House Allowance As per duty station
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 4, 000 PM
Leave allowance Ksh. 4,000 PM
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable. (P&P)
Brief About the NYS
The National Youth Service (NYS) is a State Corporation established under section 5 (1) of the NYS, Act, 2018 (the Act) to train and mentor Kenyan youth. The functions of the Service as provided in the act are undertaking paramilitary training, technical and vocational training in various trades, national building programs, commercialization of assets to optimize utilization of It’s resources as well as research and innovation, hence creating a critical mass of technologically skilled and effective Kenyan youth ready to join the global village.
For more details about NYS and what they do, check out their website; https://www.nys.go.ke/
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the accountant will entail:
- Preparing and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him/her,
- Prepare, verify and upload payment vouchers in the IFMIS system;
- Collect revenue from income generating streams and remit to Accounting Officer;
- Make cash payments for duly completed and approved payment vouchers,
- Balancing of Cash Book, Data entry, Imp rest, Advances, and management of Ledgers.
For appointment to this post, the candidate must,
- Have a bachelor degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution; OR
- A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent qualifications;
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters, seal the envelope and clearly mark it with the title of the position being applied for. This should be together with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates testimonials, and national identity card/passport.
The applications should reach the below address no later than Friday, 26th May 2022
National Youth Service
P.O. Box 30397 – 00100, GPO
You may also hand deliver your application; drop it at the Registry – National Youth Service Headquarters, Ruaraka, Thika Road, Ground Floor
Consideration will not be given to those without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation and details as per the requirements. No allowed clipboard formats could have been passed.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification.
The recruitment team will ONLY contact shortlisted candidates.
NYS is an equal opportunity employer, it encourages Persons with Disabilities to apply.